I found this awesome survey. It was created by Jamie of The Perpetual Page Turner, as well as the awesome graphics. With the end of the year almost here, I love to look back over the books I’ve read this year. 2016 was an awesome book year for me!!! I found so many new authors this year, and quite a few debut novels that turned out to be outstanding.
2016 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 327 and counting….
Number of Re-Reads: quite a few, at least 20 books
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary, UF, PRN, Fantasy, YA, NA
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
That’s a very hard choice but I would go with All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Wow, I loved his book. I love assholes and jerks. L. J. Shen writes awesome JERKS.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I love this author’s books. She is the queen of slow burn. I adore authors that write uniquely and separate themselves from the rest.
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
I was lucky this year. Anne Bishop’s The Others series is AMAZING. I’m at the third book and it’s still as captivating as the first book. I’m fangirling since the very first book.
I waited until this month to read all three books of Ilona Andrews’s Inn Keeper Chronicles, and the third book was the best one so far.
And C.S. Pacat wrote one of the best M/M series out there.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
Another great find this year. I was binge reading her books over an entire weekend. It was so worth it.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
OMG R. Lee Smith is one OUTSTANDING author. Her books are not for the faint of heart. But they are oh so delicious.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Ilona Andrews hit this one out of the park. I was blown away by the intensity. Only two more books I believe, and the author couple manages to write as captivating as always. Maybe even more so.
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
This books was one hell of a surprise. I like my books drama free, sweet & naughty, and entertaining. Womanizer was all of that and more. I LOVED that book.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
I just L O V E that cover!
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
CLETUS!!! Do I have to say anything more??????
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
It plowed me over!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
After reading this, I will never ever visit a theme park that keeps whales and such captive. It was EYEOPENING to the extreme.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
I couldn’t believe how long it took me to read this book. As an apple enthusiast it’s a shame it took me so long.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
I’m not really a quote kind of person.:-)
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
His relationship with his father and what he had to go though as a child was shocking and saddening. I didn’t like the book as much as I thought, but loved that the author narrated the book himself. Loved Alan Cumming’s voice.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
OMG, how hilarious at times and over the top dramatic. LOVE IT!!!!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Ove’s relationship with Parvaneh, his neighbor’s wife was incredibly touching and heart-warming. Those two were the best part of the book. The snarky banter between them was hilarious.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Oh, how much I loved this book. I think it’s time to reread. I think it’s my favorite book by this author, hands down.
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
My sister recommended it to me and I have to say she was right. I loved it.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
I fell in love with Blake Riley!!! He is this big, goofy guy, with a huge heart. Loved him!
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
Fantastic book. Unique voice, fresh banter, and utterly enthralling.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
OMG, I loved this series. Every time I’m going to get my hair done, my hairstylist and I lament the fact that this series is over, and we haven’t read anything as good since.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
It’s surreal how much I liked this book. It doesn’t really make sense, but I enjoyed the heck out of this book.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Oh, how much I hate books that make me cry. But not the other hand, I would have regretted not reading it.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
This was a real gem. Short, but perfectly written, and executed. F A N T A S T I C!!!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Ok, here we go….. this one had me doubting everything. I’m glad I read it, but man, I wasn’t happy afterwords, more like CRUSHED. Annihilated. Just incredibly sad.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
YES!!!! Best book of the year! Ugly and beautiful at the same time. Love that there are authors that are not afraid to write books that are DIFFERENT. Pushes the reader outside their comfort zone.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Ok, I was incredibly disappointed by The Secret Sister. It’s rare that I can’t stand the heroine.
And One With You was disappointing in a whole different way. The love for this series flew out the window a loooooong time ago. Thank you very much SD!!!!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
I’m so embarrassed but I’ve been pushing this book away since November. It doesn’t deserve it. So, this will hopefully be my first 2017 read.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
Oh, yes!! Can’t wait for this one. January 3rd can’t come fast enough.
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
Last one to read.
5. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I love Claudia Connor books. Her debut novel Worth the Fall is still one of my all time favorites. She writes amazing characters, swoon worthy heroes that are just wonderful with kids.